One of the trainers I follow posted a quick video on Instagram the other day that really put some things into perspective for me. In the video he discussed how so many of his clients come to him with complicated questions. For example “which is better, keto or high carb diets?” This is a complicated question and for most clients, it has a far too complicated answer. The best bet for any one who is seeking to lose, weight or just live a healthier lifestyle is to keep it simple. Over complicating it with fad and overly restrictive diets is a recipe for failure.
Try following these 9 simple rules:
1. Eat regular meals (4-6 smaller meals each day)
2. Drink 2-3 litres of water per day.
3. Eat a combination of lean protein and complex carbohydrates at each meal.
4. Eat breakfast every day , within an hour of waking.
5. Eat sufficient (2-3) servings of healthy fats every day.
6. Carry snacks and meals without if possible to avoid poor choices.
7. Depend on fresh fruits and veggies for fiber, vitamins, nutrients and enzymes.
8. Adhere to portion sizes.
9. Limit or avoid simple carbohydrates and/or simple sugars.
I strongly recommend trying to turn these rules into a lifestyle change. This is a simple way of improving your nutrition without having to rely on extreme diets.
Remember, there is no magic pill or quick fix. Changes in your body will not happen overnight. You will need to put in the work before you can reap the benefits.
If you try this and are still struggling, Candace and myself (Cortney) would be happy to help you navigate the nutrition world.
-Candace & Cortney
Give 2017 a jump start with this quick power workout. Grab your favorite playlist, that new water bottle you got for Christmas, break in those new sneakers and get your sweat on.
Can't stay productive at work? Feeling tired throughout the day? You might be hurting your body more than you realise.
This is the foundation of GetFit Camps Lacombe Personal Training. Our programs will offer you an opportunity to change your thought process about weight loss, eating, and exercising. Our educated and certified trainers will guide you through in a positive, supportive environment, giving you the best chance to be successful in your fitness journey.