Wander down to the farmers market pick up some fresh tomatoes and basil and set yourself up for a great summer meal.
4 boneless chicken breasts (pounded to an even thickness, 1 inch or less)
2 tbsp. oil
1 tsp. Italian seasoning (or 1/4 tsp. each dried basil, dried oregano, and dried thyme)
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper
4 slices mozzarella cheese
3 roma tomatoes, diced
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil
1. In a large bowl combine chicken, oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and black pepper. Stir to combine and coat chicken evenly with the seasonings.
2. Grill chicken over medium-high heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
3. While chicken is cooking, prepare the topping. In a medium bowl combine tomatoes, salt and pepper, lemon juice, and basil and stir well.
4. Once chicken is cooked through, top each chicken breast with a slice of mozzarella cheese and cook for about 1 minute longer until cheese is melty.
5. Top chicken with tomato basil topping and serve immediately.
Recipe and Picture from www.lecremedelacrumb.com
With fall comes the return of hectic schedules. We’ll all be juggling work or the kids school schedule, after school practices or college mid terms. The last thing on your mind is taking care of yourself. Whether your are a student or a parent we all have stresses. Here are a few things you can...
This is the foundation of GetFit Camps Lacombe Personal Training. Our programs will offer you an opportunity to change your thought process about weight loss, eating, and exercising. Our educated and certified trainers will guide you through in a positive, supportive environment, giving you the best chance to be successful in your fitness journey.