Wander down to the farmers market pick up some fresh tomatoes and basil and set yourself up for a great summer meal.
4 boneless chicken breasts (pounded to an even thickness, 1 inch or less)
2 tbsp. oil
1 tsp. Italian seasoning (or 1/4 tsp. each dried basil, dried oregano, and dried thyme)
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper
4 slices mozzarella cheese
3 roma tomatoes, diced
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil
1. In a large bowl combine chicken, oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and black pepper. Stir to combine and coat chicken evenly with the seasonings.
2. Grill chicken over medium-high heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
3. While chicken is cooking, prepare the topping. In a medium bowl combine tomatoes, salt and pepper, lemon juice, and basil and stir well.
4. Once chicken is cooked through, top each chicken breast with a slice of mozzarella cheese and cook for about 1 minute longer until cheese is melty.
5. Top chicken with tomato basil topping and serve immediately.
Recipe and Picture from www.lecremedelacrumb.com
GetFit Camps very own Candace Sayler competed in her very first Triathlon in July. The event took place bright and early in Stettler last month. The race included a 750m swim, a 20km bike ride and a 5km run. She completed the race in 1 hour, 45 minutes and 21 seconds. Candace came in 22nd out...
Spring has sprung so take this workout outside and enjoy the warmer weather! 30 Sec Sprint (or Jog) 10 Push Ups 30 Second Plank 30 Sec Sprint (or Jog) 20 Squats 30 Second Plank 30 Sec Sprint (or Jog) 15 Lunges (per leg) 30 Sec Plank Complete 2-3 sets. Remember to warm up first with...
This is the foundation of GetFit Camps Lacombe Personal Training. Our programs will offer you an opportunity to change your thought process about weight loss, eating, and exercising. Our educated and certified trainers will guide you through in a positive, supportive environment, giving you the best chance to be successful in your fitness journey.